Reworking your Art

As an artist, the start of the new year is a good time to analyse your art. I have spent the last few days looking at my existing artworks, working space, exhibition plans, online galleries etc. and thinking about how I can improve and move forward with my art career.


We artists know that not every painting we create will sell. There comes a time when you have to consider the fate of certain artworks unless you want your studio to be stacked from floor to ceiling with bubble wrapped canvases. So, do you give said painting away, reduce it's price dramatically, throw it away OR alter/rework it???

In the case of the painting above, I am reworking it. The original version depicted white roses in a silver vase, and was part of a collection of paintings of different types of flowers in figurative vessels. I have removed the silver vase, and am adding further roses and leaves. When complete, I will post both versions here for comparison.

Fellow artists, what do you think? :)

Comments

  1. Since you have some interesting texture created, why not make this into a more abstract piece? I would place a burnt umber or sienna wash over all, to see what pops in through the background. The leaves would peak through, and it would sit in the scratched areas of the florals. Then you can add other colors to highlight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment