New Year. New Goals.

Looking back at my blog post from late December 2016, I'm pleased to say I managed to achieve most of my 2017 goals!

My proudest achievement of 2017 was mastering crochet. I had tried and failed many times in the past, but after a lesson with a friend who is deffo the 'Queen of Crochet' I finally got my head around it. I started small, crocheting tiny hearts, flowers and stars but then progressed to more complex amigurumi crochet and can now read a crochet pattern. You can see my makes over on Insta. I'm now working on my first blanket ... a project that will take most of 2018 to complete. In addition, I ditched Facebook during summer 2017 (but, er, developed a fairly serious Instagram addiction instead!) Craftastic craft group continued to be sucessful and Mind Crafternoon raised £84.

A new creative goal for 2018 is to master modern hand lettering and calligraphy. This will tie in nicely with my graphic design and crafting skills ... and hopefully improve my handwriting too!

I'm already working on a new collection of ethereal landscape paintings. These will incorporate various types of mixed media alongside the usual oils on canvas. I've also added oil pastel to the mix, great for added texture and mark making. I plan to give my gallery website a makeover to showcase this new collection. I have a couple of exhibitions lined up for 2018 and am taking part in Twitter Art Exhibit, WLAC Postcards Anon and The Sketchbook Project.

So, as a new year awakens, I wish you all a happy, healthy and creative 2018.

A x

Comments