Westfield v's Westfield



Hubby and I were in Shepherd's Bush, London yesterday afternoon. We were going to see 'My Life Story' at Shepherd's Bush Empire on the evening so I decided to spend a few hours shopping at Westfield London.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know that I visited Westfield Stratford City late last year, and was very impressed by it. Westfield London is bigger on scale and on brands. It boasts Dior, Prada, Furla, Gucci, Tiffanys, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton amongst its designer names. WL attempts to make designer shopping accessible to the 'normal person'. I felt no shame walking around Jimmy Choo, stroking the shoes I can't afford to buy. I doubt I would do that on Bond Street. However, there is something a bit depressing about bypassing a lot of shops because you can't afford what they sell. WL still has lots of high street brands to offer though, so if you fancy pressing your nose against the window of Dior and then spending your cash in New Look instead, this is the place for you.

Frankly, I will be sticking with Westfield Stratford. It's closer to Chelmsford, affordable and compact. I also don't recommend Westfield London on a Saturday afternoon just after pay day. It was frenzied to say the least and I lasted just over an hour, credit card very much intact.

Having reconvened with hubby (no way do I take him shopping with me) we decided on an early dinner at 'Ciao Baby Cucina' situated just outside the shopping centre. We found this to be a delightful Italian restaurant, reasonably priced for its location with good service and tasty food. To start, we shared a (huge) garlic bread with mozzarella cheese. Then I ordered the pork belly with spinach and borlotti beans. Hubby ordered seafood pasta. Both really lovely. Accompanied by some decent white wine, the meal came to £69 (including service charge). :)

Satisfied, we then made our way to the Shepherd's Bush Empire ... more on that later.

http://uk.westfield.com/london
http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity
http://www.ciaobabycucina.com/

Comments